Address - Unit Headquarters128 Thorold Flying Dragons
Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron
Trinity United Church
15 Pine Street South
Thorold, ON L2V 3L1
Address - MailingCommanding Officer
128 Thorold Air Cadet Squadron
The UPS Store
A9 210 Glendale Avenue
St Catharines, ON L2T 3Y6
The aims of the National Effective Speaking Competition are:
- To provide an opportunity for Air Cadets to increase their self confidence; and increase their ability to reason, organize and express ideas;
- To promote the citizenship component of local squadron training;
- To provide a focus at the Local, Regional/Wing, Provincial/Territorial, and National levels, to promote and encourage air cadets to participate in an optional activity that will provide them with an opportunity to acquire effective speaking skills through instruction and practice in a structured and competitive environment;
- To increase public awareness regarding the citizenship and leadership aspects of the Air Cadet program at the national, provincial and local levels.
Topics for 2017 Competition
- The 150th Anniversary of Canada’s Confederation
- Why the Air Cadet Program is important to Canada
- Canada’s changing role as a peace-keeper
- Drones – progress or threat?
- Environmental stewardship of Canada’s waters
- Women in Aero-space
- How do you balance your Cadet career with the rest of your life?
- How did Vimy Ridge contribute to Canada’s recognition as a nation?